Thursday, June 25, 2009

PYT


I am so sad. I've just learned that Michael Jackson has passed away. I know personally he had some issues but musically he was a genius. I always hoped Michael would tour in the States or would play in Las Vegas because I would be one of the first ones in line to get a ticket. I remember having a red Jordache pocketbook when I was in 3rd grade. On it was a MJ keychain. How many of you secretly tried to Moonwalk or throw the fedora like Michael??? Well, I did and I even had the red jacket. Yeah, I was a true fan. Michael truly started this movement with bringing music videos to a movie like phenom. Some of my favs were Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, Remember The Time, Black or White, Thriller.....I could go on but you get my point. Did anyone have an off the shoulder sweatshirt in the 80's? Well I did and it was pink and had "Thriller" written in purple. I loved it.


Today we also lost another great....Farrah Fawcett. One of my favorite movies was The Burning Bed. I'm sure Lifetime will be showing that this weekend as a tribute to her. It was very depressing to watch her documentary about having cancer. I knew she didn't have long. The only "good" thing if there is such a thing, is that she is in Heaven among the Angels and is no longer in pain.


I've been very busy with my schoolwork. Today I actually went to the pool for a while and relaxed. It's going to be hot the next few days so I'm sure I'll be going back.


I'm leaving you today with one of my favorite songs by MJ. There never was a video for this song, but thanks to Youtube, I found this. Here is P.Y.T.






No comments:

Post a Comment