Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day......



Happy Memorial Day!!!!!!!
















Today is a day we should just spend time with family and friends and give thanks to ALL of those that defend our Freedom. We all know someone who is in the military and is fighting for our freedom. If we don't know someone first hand , we have a friend that has a family member or they know someone who is in the military. It breaks my heart that these folks can't be home this Memorial Day. Hopefully they will be home soon. I was talking to a friend last night who leaves in less than a month going to Iraq for his 3rd tour of duty. My hat goes off to all of the men and women. I know I couldn't do their job. They don't get enough credit or money for the things they are seeing and the time they are away from their loved ones.
Thanks to everyone at home and abroad that are allowing us to have our freedom!!

This past week has just been filled with a lot of odd jobs and running around town.Friday night I went to mom/dad's neighbor's house and we hung out. They had their son and nephew so they kept us entertained. It was a great night so we sat outside and watched the kids play and enjoyed the great smells coming from the grill. I came home and watched "Wanted" with Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman. That was a good movie with some great effects. It reminded me of "The Matrix" with some of the graphics/effects it contained. Yesterday I actually went to the Upper Mattaponi Pow Wow. That was fun and I got to catch up with some old friends. I left there and went to my Ganny/Papa's and then went and hung with a few friends under the tree. Today I cleaned the first part of the morning and am doing laundry. I'll go to mom and dad's and they are going to cook out on the grill.

Tonight is the season premiere of "Jon and Kate Plus 8". I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it or not. I'm not too pleased with either party and am sort of burnt out on the show. I think they-Kate especially is using her kids for fortune/fame. She has definitely changed from when the show first aired. She use to be in sweats and t-shirts everyday and now you see her in heels and short skirts with sunglasses on ....inside an airport. To me that just says......DIVA. I know they are both struggling with this situation but hopefully it will work out for the best especially since there are kids involved.

Oh and can you believe Kris won American Idol?????I was so shocked. Both he and Adam have great careers ahead of them. I thought the finale was awesome. They surely know how to keep the viewers coming back:)


No comments:

Post a Comment