Saturday, August 15, 2009

We've Come Along Way Baby.....


Yesterday's entry has me thinking about all of the houses we have stayed in while vacationing in NH. The first year we went we stayed in a house called "Port O' Call". They don't even have pics posted on the internet of the rental. We were just so happy to be at the beach. The house was your typical 3 story beach house but only had one deck and maybe 2 tv's. It had a very small kitchen and I don't think all of us could eat at once. We went to the beach a few times and even went fishing but other than that I don't think we did much of anything. It took us forever to get there because we left late in the afternoon and didn't realize how many people would actually be travelling at the same time. We were so naive that we didn't really know the exact way there and we also thought we could drink water from the tap.....


The next year we stayed in the "sister" rental. That was a step up.That week we went to the beach a few times and watched The Weather Channel. Hurricane Andrew was in Florida, but luckily we only had rough seas. We-the kids, spent time playing games, jumping rope and taking pictures of cactus plants.It seems like the men in the house played a lot of basketball .


We have stayed in a lot of different houses over the years but I think this was a favorite of everyone. We have stayed in 3 of the 5 houses. They are exactly alike as far as the interior layout. They sleep 16 people and have 7 bedrooms/6 baths and is oceanfront. We moved up to having 7 tvs, 2 stereos, a pool, hot tub, game room and dune top deck.


These next two spots have seen a lot of activity. We would go to the beach the first part of the day and then come back and get in the pool. At several times during the day we would sit on the dune top deck and survey the beach crowd.The dune top deck and the area around the pool is actually new due to damage done during Hurricane Isabel.
The game room.....home to a lot of late nights of game playing, dancing, singing, adult beverages and silly antics. I believe the stereo in this room played the entire time we were there. Someone was always playing d.j. while we were in the pool. To the left of the windows is the door to go outside and the pool is about 10 steps away.
It seems like I turn in to a vampire at the beach. I'm up all night having fun and cat nap during the day while laying on the beach. One night we had the bright idea of staying up all night and watching the sun rise. It was so beautiful and I wish I'd had my camera outside with me but I didn't want to miss a thing.

I hope we continue to go to Nags Head every year. I want my kids to experience some of the great things I have experienced while being there. Like a few years ago, I saw a jellyfish washed up on the beach. I remember going to Jamestown Beach when I was younger and hearing about the jellyfish, but other than at an aquarium I hadn't had the pleasure of seeing one.

What are some of your favorite memories from a beach vacation????

No comments:

Post a Comment