Saturday, October 17, 2009

Has It Been That Long?????


I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted something. I have been super busy with school. I passed my first 3 classes!!!!! It's hard to believe I've been in school for 8 weeks. I still love it and am learning a lot of stuff. I always knew our bodies were fascinating, but who knew it was so interesting how everything works and it's a wonder more things don't go wrong. The least little thing could throw a whole system out of whack. Especially the Endocrine System. Did you know your Anterior Pituitary Gland secretes 7 different hormones. They all do different things and target different tissues, and the Posterior Pituitary has 2 hormones.

In the past month I took my final exams and then had the pow-wow. While I was working at the pow-wow I celebrated that weekend. I found out on that Friday my final grades for the term. I knew I was doing okay, but since it's such a short amount of time and it leaves little room for error. I got to hang out and catch up with family and friends. Despite the crazy weather, everyone had a great time.

This past weekend was the Richmond Folk Festival. It's our take on the National Folk Festival. The National Folk Festival was here a few years ago, and the Intertribal Dance Group was invited to do a performance. This year they were asked to do another performance for the Richmond festival. It was a beautiful day. Here are some pics:

the dancers/drum group


Dad


Mom, Alex and I

2 of my favorite girls.....Alex and Abby
Danielle
Josh and Dad
Autumn, Abby and Penny

It's a yucky weekend so I'm going to catch up on my magazine reading and then finish my project for Nursing 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment